Monday, November 21, 2022

(Intermediate) The Briefcase - expressing purpose and reason

A


Grammar focus:

In order to  +  verb

e.g. I brought this briefcase (in order) to carry all my stuff. 

Because + sub + verb + obj

e.g. I bought this briefcase to work because I lost my backpack.




You're at the office. Here is your partner's briefcase. It accidentally fell off their desk and all these things spilled out across the floor. As you help put them back in the suitcase, politely ask them why they have brought these items with them to work today. They should begin each answer with "I brought that/those in order to... or because...

Before answering think of the best verb to use with this item.


























































Grammar focus:

So that  +  subject  +  (modal verb?)  +  verb

e.g. I brought this briefcase so (that) I can carry all my stuff. 

Because of + noun phrase

e.g. I bought this briefcase to work because of the stylish way it looks.

Here is your partner's briefcase. It accidentally fell off their desk and all these things spilled out across the floor. As you help put them back in the suitcase, politely ask them why they have brought these items with them to work. They should begin each answer with "I brought that/those so that... or because of...

















































































No comments:

Post a Comment