Saturday, April 1, 2023

(Intermediate) Italian Gestures


Just couldn't resist.

Watch:



Short cut (8.15)

A bit of conversation:

Turn off the sound and see if you can understand the conversation.



Introduction:

Listen very carefully to the introduction. Try your best to understand despite Carlo's Italian accent.

Why did the language of gesture develop in Naples according to him?

The gestures: 

First try to imagine what the gestures will be. Then watch with no sound and no list - see which ones you can guess.


With one hand

What do you want?

Why?

To eat

I think

Are you scared?

Many people

You are crazy!

Well, dummy

I cannot stand him

delicious

Wat! Stop

I swear

Slowly, slowly

Cut! Switch off

I will kill you

I will bet you

I'm angry

Straight

This and that

So and so

I forgot

What did you say?

Get to the point

You must go

I don't care

Let's go

Talk

Beautiful

Perfect


With Two hands

I beg you

To sleep

What you want?

I give up

Exchange

Let's hope

Enough

I wash my hands - I'm not responsible

You are lucky

Desirable woman

They have an agreement

They're married

Close friends

Of course

To insist

It's written


With one finger

You're crazy!

You're smart

I have an idea

Listen

Pay attention - be careful

Cool

Delicious

Half

After / before

Tiny

Damn it


Various

Very fat

Eat spaghetti 

Drink water

Drink wine

Expresso

Nothing

Money

How much is it?

To steal

Hard head

Walking

Going upstairs

Turn it on

I'm crazy!

If I catch you...

Prevent bad things

Let's go

Complicity

negation


Some bad words

Your wife is cheating on you

Trick

Go to hell!

To despise 



A bit of conversation:


Turn off the sound and see if you can understand the conversation.













No comments:

Post a Comment