Thursday, May 23, 2019

A2.1 Unit 2: People

Image result for simpsons on couch





Some speaking first...














Who is your favourite person?















Is your hair easy to look after?













Do you like all people?













Ugly or beautiful?



Related image






Image result for ugly or beautiful? animals




Image result for ugly or beautiful? animals





Image result for hairless cat




Think of one word to go under each heading: e.g. "finger" under Hands

Feet    |    Legs   |    Body    |    Arms    |    Hands    |    Head    |    Mouth    |   Eyes










heel, elbow, toes, sole, thumb, wrist, knuckles, lips, pupils, shoulders, stomach, knees, thighs, buttocks, palms, ears, nostrils, forehead, cheeks, eyelids, teeth, tongue, back, chest, ankles




A2.1 Unit 2: People 

Aims:

Describe people
Describe and write about yourself
Describe and write about your family
Describe feelings


Vocabulary:

Adjectives of...    personality   |   behaviour   |    appearance   |   emotion 










Grammar:

1. to be like, to look like
extra: to feel + adj

2. gradable and ungradable adjectives
Extra: Matching gradable and ungradable adjectives

New English File: Adjectives

More adjectives

Skills:

Reading: understanding descriptions of people   |   skimming
Writing: writing a personal profile of yourself
Speaking: identifying people from descriptions
Listening: Identifying people from descriptions   |   listening for specific details


General Kahoot Quiz for Unit 2


Review Kahoot


Quizlet - 48 items


PPT Lesson: People

Main theme: 
"Hair"

Vocabulary:
Appearances and personality

Grammar:
to be like / to look like

Review

You see       the episode           a bit of         right there           a bit
it was cool           by the way           at first                  who is

Hi. I’m Mike and yeah I’m in ___1____ of Just for Laughs you were watching. No, I’m not the short guy or the guy ___2___ bald. I have short dark hair, and yeah, ___3___ a beard. I don’t wear a cap. And I’m tall ___4___. Oh, and I wear glasses. Yeah, that’s me ___5___! Well, ___6___ I wasn’t very happy about the trick. ___7____, I’m a quiet person and I’m shy, so I was ___8___ uncomfortable. But the blond wig was really funny. I was laughing then. My kid sister likes these shows. I sometimes watch them with her so ___9___when she saw me on TV.

Reflection

What did you learn in this lesson?




Tips for building your vocabulary and communication skills:

1. Emotions are specific and change all the time. We talk about our emotions all the time!!

Write down how you feel every day and say why you feel like that. Try to use a a few new words every time you write or talk about your feelings. Did you feel frustrated or delighted about something? Did you feel bored or disappointed? Say so! But also say why.

2. Personalities are general and don't change so easily. We talk about personality a lot through behaviour and actions to make them more specific.

Look out for words and phrases that describe behaviour and actions. They help you to describe personalities and relationships. When talking about your or your friends personality you'll talk about what you/they say, do, like and don't like.

Actions:
"he/she/I said"
"he/she/I like/s to"
"he/she/I (verb) (a lot / sometimes / often / never / always)"

Personality:
"he/she/I am not/is/isn't very adjective
he/she/I can be adjective

3. Attitudes are a combination of personality and emotion. we often use the word "be" or "being" to talk about attitude:

She's being stubborn (not "she is stubborn")
Don't be rude



No comments:

Post a Comment