Monday, October 21, 2019

B2.2 Unit 1-3 Review

B2.2 Unit 1: getting what you want

M1
A2
A3
D4
P5
E6
C7
P8
F9
C10
D11
G12
A13

Across
4. very anxious to challenge or avoid criticism (adj)
6. outgoing and socially confident (adj)
7. settle a dispute by mutual concession (verb)
8. a greater liking for one alternative over another or others (n.)
11. make (someone) less eager to work or study (verb)
12. help or advice that tells you what to do (n)
13. logical and inquiring (adj)

Down
1. provide (someone) with a reason for doing something.
2. embarrassed or guilty (adj)
3. showing a confident and forceful personality (adj)
5. expected or expecting to be (adj)
9. self-employed and hired to work (adj)
10. having the ability to do a specified thing (adj)


Indirect questions:


Tip: these sometimes use "if" and "whether"

Also, we sometimes cut unnecessary words out



"Who's going to help me with the dishes?"

Jake asked _______________________________


"Am I going to lose my job?"


I wondered _______________________________


"Why did I turn down the job offer?!"

I asked myself _________________________




"Can you please, please you lend me $100?"

I begged _____________________________



"Will you be able to make it to the meeting earlier?"

The boss asked __________________________



"Do you have any experience in sales?"

The interviewer asked ______________________



"Where can I get a really good coffee around here?"

The new staff member wanted to know ______________________




Unit 3: The Brain

(From the video on Deja Vu)


hard enevidce
nrroaw down the field of prospects
as the scene nfoulds
fluyrr of information
zip through pwaathys
the theory asersts
a slight ladey
in a sesen
frentagm
suonmmed up
levesa you stuck with
fangili to identity
snalublimily takes in an environment
phereripal vision
capture a feetilng moment
first-hand auntcco

No comments:

Post a Comment