Sunday, July 18, 2021

(Song) Come Undone

 




Come Undone


First lines

So unimpressed but so in awe
Such a saint but such a whore
So self-aware so full of shit
So indecisive so adamant

The words in bold are all ________  (what kind of words?)
How do repetition and contrast feature in these lines?

Next lines
I'm contemplating thinking about thinking
It's over-rated just get another drink in
Watch me come undone

What does "over-rated" mean?
What is "over-rated" in the song?
"I'm contemplating thinking about thinking" - what does this line mean?
What's the difference?: have another drink / get another drink in

Fill the gaps:
They're selling _____ blades and ______ in the street
I pray that when I'm coming down you'll be _____
If I ever hurt you your ______ will be so sweet
______ I'm scum
And I'm your ____
I come undone
I come undone
"They're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street"
How do you interpret this line?

Predict where these words will go:
lying 
rock and roll
fuck you all
animal
dying
ugly

So _________ so corporate suit
So damn______, so damn cute
So well trained, so _______
So need your love, so ________
I'm not scared of________ I just don't want to
If I stop_______ I'd just disappoint you
I come undone

They're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street
I pray that when I'm coming down you'll be asleep
If I ever hurt you your revenge will be so sweet
Because I'm scum
And I'm your son
I've come undone


Focus on the verbs | listen and fill the gaps
So w_____ another ballad
M____ it on a Wednesday
S____ it on a Thursday
B____ a yacht by Saturday
It's a love song
A love song
D___ another interview
S_____ a bunch of lies
T____ about celebrities that I d_______


And sing love songs
We sing love songs
So sincere
So sincere
How do you interpret these lines?

Final lines:
My sad song, my love song
My sad song, my love song

What is he saying here? Why does he sing this at the end of the song?

No comments:

Post a Comment