Saturday, July 3, 2021

(Pronunciation) Intrusion

Good boys put peanut butter on their bread.
Good girls pick a bit of marmalade instead.

or: marmalade instead

What do blue, red and orange letters signify?

That pink purse is the purse for perfect people.
If I were a perfect person, I would have that pink purse.




Answer

blue = consonant shift
red = intrusion
yellow = elision




Practice:


I much prefer America to China or India. I mean those places are really int_resting, but I like having the ability to read signs and things in the streets. Even if they are in English they are sometimes difficult to understand. In India, for example, I saw a sign where all of the words seemed to be in English, but I couldn’t work out the whole. I just had no idea what it meant. New York is an amazing city, but you have to be alert all the time. Traffic comes from everywhere in the city and the cars drive really fast.


NB: _ = syllable elision

int_resting

No comments:

Post a Comment