Friday, August 18, 2017

International Day (B2.3 class)


Our International Day country was Korea. I happen to be a lover of proper Korean food, but also the Korean snacks you buy at the supermarket. So I told my students to relax and let me provide so they could just enjoy all the other stalls. We had no Koreans in our class to help us, but I think the Koreans who visited our stall were quietly impressed by how "right" it was. They stood around smiling and being proud of their culture, which is the whole point of international Day.
 

I found this Kahoot that teaches you how to read Hangul, the Korean alphabet. It takes a couple of attempts to memorise the 24 letters, but from then on you'll be able to read the packaging of Korean products in the supermarket - an excellent party trick for non-Koreans. Players competed for prizes, such as boxes of Pepero sticks. No Koreans were allowed to play of course.

Link: Hangul



 The white drink is called Mil-Ki-Su (Milk Kiss). It tastes like vanilla ice-cream and lemonade. I suspect it would go well with vodka. The orange one is mango and surprisingly enough tastes like mango.

No comments:

Post a Comment