Monday, April 8, 2024

I remember




Grammar 

I remember + -ing /

"I remember trying to realize how big the world really is. "

 I remember + noun phrase

"I remember the day John Kennedy was shot."

 

These lines come from a book by Joe Brainard called "I Remember"

Read and tick if you have a similar memory.

 

I remember the only time I ever saw my mother cry. I was eating apricot pie. 

I remember how much I used to stutter. 

I remember how much, in high school, I wanted to be handsome and popular. 

I remember a dream I have had often of being able to fly. (Without an airplane) 

I remember many dreams of finding gold and jewels. 

I remember a little boy I used to take care of after school while his mother worked. I remember how much fun it was to punish him for being bad. 

I remember bunk beds.

 I remember laundromats at night all lit up with nobody in them. 

 I remember trying to figure out what it's all about. (Life)

I remember making clover blossom chains.

I remember pillow fights. 

I remember being surprised at how yellow and how red autumn really is. 

I remember staying in the bath tub too long and having wrinkled toes and fingers.

I remember playing hop-scotch without ever really knowing the rules. 

I remember chicken noodle soup when you are sick. 

I remember daydreams of having a pet monkey that would wear human clothes and we would go around everywhere together. 

I remember daydreams of inheriting lots of money from some relative I didn't even know I had. 

I remember daydreams of being a big success in New York City. (Penthouse and all!) 

I remember that "no two snowflakes are exactly alike."

I remember not being able to fall asleep Christmas Eve. 

I remember more than once leaving the price tag on a present. 

 I remember opening my first packages very fast and my last few very slowly. 

I remember feeling sorry for kids at church, or school, who had ugly mothers. 

I remember daydreams of having a twin. 

I remember "See you later alligatorI" 

 I remember daydreams of going blind and how sorry everyone would feel for me. 

I remember bathroom doors that don't lock and trying to pee fast.

I remember blowing up paper bags to pop.

I remember wanting to change my name to something cooler.

Write some rememberings of your own

I remember

I remember 

I remember 

I remember 

I remember 

I remember 

I remember 

I remember 

I remember 

I remember 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment