Monday, February 19, 2024

Texts and images COLOUR HEIGHT THE OVERLOOKED LIGHT AND DARK

My students were given a simple word to respond to with images and texts. The texts and the images didn't have to connect. 


COLOUR   HEIGHT   THE OVERLOOKED   LIGHT AND DARK


Here are the results:


Colour


Sunrise in Mount Cook National Park. The whole thing lasted just 10 minutes. The shades of pink were so vibrant. It was absolutely magical.



I don't have a favourite colour, but I like shiny things. Shiny cars, jewelery...It makes the colour more interesting.

My mum would go to the supermarket and come back with sunflowers. The sun would make them look like they were glowing.

The sky after sunset. During the sunset it is beautiful, but after it is best.



The different colours of the landscape here in New Zealand. I have never seen a country with so many landscapes.



In Canada, looking at the Niagara Falls lit up at night by different colours.



The Blue Lagoon in Malta. I've never seen such clear water. You could see all the fish swimming around, all the rocks on the bottom. It was spectacular.

The Sunset in Cape Town after hiking.The colours were so pure and it was amazing how different they could be from moment to moment, depending on the clouds and the temperature.



I think of a techno festival I went to when I was 17.

I think of the colour wheel. I studied to become a make-up artist and we used the wheel to understand about all the different tones and how to match and blend them with skin tones.




The rainbow and the wet grass after a summer storm.



I think of flags. Flags use colour to represent things, often totally different things, in different parts of the world.



Height





I went skydiving from 20,000 feet. In the first few seconds you are falling with your back to the ground. You can see the airplane getting smaller and smaller until you turn around.




Coromandel. We climbed Castle Rock. We had a 360 degree view of the forest.



Going up a really tall roller coaster and feeling that small panic and adrenaline slowly building up.



Sitting aboard a plane before take-off. The doors are closed. Then suddenly the plane is in the air.

When I think of my skydive above Taupo all the emotions come back again.



One time on a family holiday we came to a high suspension bridge over a wide beautiful river. As I crossed I thought: "the only thing keeping me from falling are some steel ropes".



For some strange reason I don't really have a fear of heights (when I'm up in a high place like a tall building). And yet I do get a kind of reverse vertigo when I'm standing in a room with a high ceiling or beneath a tall building.

The Space Needle in Seattle. The view we had from up there. And how scared I was standing on a glass platform.



Being above the clouds.

My trip to Ireland. We went to the Giants' Causeway. Everything was spectacular and out of human scale.


The Overlooked

Finding hidden gems by going places most people don't. Finding serendipity.

Something which is overlooked in our society is how much work and how many steps it takes to produce the simplest things we use every day.



Slightly odd things in your daily life that you normally don't notice. But as soon as you do, you just feel the urge to adjust them.

What is overlooked by most people is the amount of water and electricity they use every day.




The fact that women often go to the bathroom together.

When someone is talking and you start to pick up on a little verbal tic. Then you start to notice it every time they speak.

Seeing things like smileys in everything.



Light and Dark


When in summer you spend a lot of time outdoors and then you come back inside you can't see anything.

The moon lighting up a water surface.

Yin and Yang. There is always darkness within the light and light within the darkness.



The separation between the part of the street that is lit up by a street light and the part that is not.

Mt Eden view at night. All the lights in the dark night.

 

The orange light of the sunset seen through the window of a dark room.

Strobe light. The quick changes between light and dark have such an impact on your perception.



The moon lights a building or a stone monument from behind.



The night sky. Very black background and bright stars lighting it up.

You open up the curtains in a room in the morning. The light replaces the darkness. The light blinds you momentarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment