Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Student writing (error correction)

 Yellow things are errors - what do you think is wrong?

A big change essay 


Near the end of my bachelor degree, I started to worry about what i would do after. I basically had to choose between three options which were: Look for a job, do my civic service or continue my study with a mastedegree.   


I chose to go further with my study by doing my master degree in engineering. The commutes to the new school were terribly long, about 5 hours every day. In addition to that, the lessons were lot more theorical than my bachelor’s one, which was quite boring for me. 

 

Fortunately for me, when the Covid strike and the lesson were given online. So, I had a lot more of free time during the last year of school. In the last weeks of my study, a friend gave me the address of an office where I could do my civic service. The job was closely related to my studies and not far from where I live. The only problem was, that I had to start working before the final presentation of my master thesis. It led to have two really stressful weeks starting a new work while at the same time I was preparing my thesis PowerPoint. At the end, I successfully got my master degree and carry on with my new work.  

And something I didn’t know before was by starting the civic service right after my studies allowed me to be paid at a higher rate than if I had waited one month. With that extra money I could go to an international school to improve my English.

















Okay let's correct these

A big change 

Near the end of my bachelors degree, I started to worry about what I would do after. I basically had to choose between three options which were: look for a job, do my civic service or continue my study with a masters degree.   

I chose to go further with my studies by doing my masters degree in engineering. The commutes to the new school were terribly long, about 5 hours every dayIn addition to that, the lessons were lot more theoretical than my bachelor’s one had been, which was quite boring for me. 

 

Fortunately for me, when  Covid struck, the lessons were given online, which saved me a lot of travel time. So, I had a lot more free time over the last year of school. 

In the last weeks of my study, a friend gave me the address of an office where I could do my civic service. The job was closely related to my studies and not far from where I live. The only problem was that I had to start working before the final presentation of my masters thesis. It meant having two really stressful weeks starting a new job at the same time I was preparing my thesis PowerPoint. In the end, I successfully got my masters degree and carried on with my new work.  

And something I didn’t know before was that starting the civic service right after my studies allowed me to be paid at a higher rate than if I had waited one month. With that extra money I was able go to an international school to improve my English.

No comments:

Post a Comment