Monday, May 4, 2020

C1.3 Unit 6 reading review and language focused listening

1. Gordon Peters may have woken up o__ the w_____ s_____ of the b____.

2. At 5.30 a.m., he ran a red light, n_______ly missing a pedestrian.

3. While bad parking may not be a crime, Gordon clearly broke two vehicle laws—speeding, and r____ing the red light, perhaps even accumulating to the more s______s offence of r_____s driving.

4. Of course, he wasn’t caught, but if the a________ies had pulled him over, Gordon’s weak, but honest excuse would have been sleep d_________n.

5. ‘Peters has a clear c_______ce because there was no consequence for his action,’ she says.


6. If I’m the prosecutor, I’m charging you within the full e______t of the law, and you’re going down.

7. Your son has been shot in a drive-by shooting. No time for an ambulance. You put him in the back of your car and s___ o__ the g___, blowing through a stop sign and doing double the s____ l____ on a residential street.

 8. ‘A protest against cruelty to animals may break several public laws. But if that protest results in a s______l change, does the e___s  j______y  the  m____s?

9. When breaking the law changes the lives of millions of people for the better, is that a good enough reason to go a____st the rules?

10. While experts may debate the ethical dilemma of breaking the law, w____ it c____s to murder, all can agree that there is no such thing as justifiable homicide.


Listening / language focus:

I have made a mistake in the following sentences. Can you correct me?


I balanced around from home to home.

At seventeen it all came washing down.

Imagine that everyone around you is off to get you.

I exhibited signals of mania.

From the mania came hallucinations - both auditory and visible.

I was spiralling out of consideration.

I vibrantly remember writing my suicide note.

The millisecond my hands left the rail, it was an instant noodle.

The coast guard was so caught out that I was alive.

Just the day of my attend still sits within them today.

I asked my father if he still scared my death by suicide today.

The road recovery was pretty long.

I built a support matrix over these years.

Don't wait like I did waiting in denial for so long.

Recovery happens. I'm live proof.



I Jumped off Golden Gate Bridge




No comments:

Post a Comment