Sunday, December 1, 2019

(Advanced) Student Writing (C1.2) Risk


Killer Clown
I was with a couple of friends and we drank a lot before going to a Halloween party at a nightclub. To get in the mood, we drank in the carpark just next to the nightclub.  We were dressed up - I was dressed as a killer clown. So after finishing the bottles we finally went to the club, which was completely overcrowded. 

But my challenge this night was not to enter in the club but rather find the exit. I told you we drank a lot, so we got very drunk. Unfortunately for me, I was the worst off and I didn’t feel comfortable because there were too many people and the club was very warm. So I decided to leave. But as you can guess, it is never a good idea to take initiatives on your own when you are drunk. So I was stumbling across people to quit the club and I found the exit. I mean, I truly thought that was the official exit but it was not. 

In fact, that was the VIP entrance. Of course, I was so drunk so I misunderstood this detail and there was this guy at the VIP check-in that wouldn’t let me enter in the VIP, which is normal because I was not a VIP. But, you know, in my mind I stubbornly believed that was the exit. The VIP doorman started to get agitated because I was being very insistent. I couldn’t understand why he wouldn’t let me leave. He got more and more agitated and finally he pushed me down the little stairs, but I caught him so he fell down with me. Within 30 seconds the huge security guards from the main entrance came for me. The main guy carried me - I felt like I was flying above the crowd. He looked like hitman in a video game - very tall and bald. He was terribly rough with me. He hit me three times and then brought me outside. 

FINALLY. But we had barely arrived outside when he hit me one time again. This time I retaliated and hit him. This was a bad decision - I shouldn’t have done that. I quickly realised that I needed to run, and run very fast. And that’s what I did. He pursued me across the carpark. Everybody laughed to see a clown killer being chased by a security guard. Fortunately for me my running skills helped me to survive this night.

To conclude, I can say that I learnt that it is always good to know where the proper exit doors are located.











Through the Rapids
Have you ever been so afraid that you can’t even eat, move or think? This happened to me two years ago, in summer, when I was 15 years old.

It all started when my father, my brother and I went on a trip for a day to “Cajon del Maipo”, a really small village near my city. People usually go there to relax and have a peaceful day or weekend with their families and friends. Little did I know that this day will be one of the most extreme days of my life.

It was 11 in the morning when we arrived at a private holiday park. The people working there asked us if we wanted to do any activities, they gave us a load of different options: there was horse riding, spa, zipline and, worst of all for me… rafting. The three of us went horse riding, which was really exciting and we had a lot of fun. Later my brother and I did the zipline, which was really extreme for me but I handled it.

After all of those activities my father told my brother and me that he’d signed us up for rafting. My brother was really excited but not me - I thought I would die. But before going to the river and putting myself into a raft we went for lunch. I was so nervous that I couldn’t even eat, move or think.

After lunch we went to the river and got into the raft. There was no turning back at this point so I just went for it. The instructor explained the things we should and shouldn’t do, and after that the raft was already in the river.

Everything was fine until we started the rapids. It was very difficult to keep the raft in the right position. Suddenly the little boat turned upside down and everyone on the raft fell into the water. I was scared but at that moment the only thing I could think about was if my brother was safe. I did the things the instructor told us to do if the boat lost control and capsized. After a while everyone, including my brother, was back inside the boat. I was so relieved.

Then after a fantastic ride down the river we were finally back on the ground safe and sound and my father was waiting for us. We went back to the Holiday Park, swam in the pool and went back home.

This whole experience made me realize that I need to be more brave and not be scared of things if I haven’t tried them. That summer day is the best day I have had in my whole life and if I would like to have more days like this to spice up my life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment